The Seven Foundation Pillars of East Butler Primary School
- Our School harnesses a Strong Pastoral Care approach and a love of children. This is evident in all programs and playground and social events. Pastoral Care is a great strength of our school.
- Co-operation and collaboration is a particular strength. Our team collaborate and co-operate with every aspect of school business, inclusive of community and students. A true sense of focus is achieved by collaborative and co-operative groups.
- Whole School programs and Plans bind the teaching, learning and assessment program. Teachers enjoy consistency of approach to behaviour, programming and assessment, which is linked with co-operation and collaboration. This enriches outcomes. Teachers enjoy making adjustments around these programs to cater for the different needs of students.
- Communication is a key aspect of all that we do. It is vital that all admin, staff, parents, students and agencies are informed and up-to-date of necessary information. Feedback is a vital component of this communication.
- Building and developing effective networks is an important aspect of East Butler’s practice. We have a strong focus on working collaboratively with other schools to enhance and improve our practice.
- This Community is consistently involved in many areas of the school operations. The School Board is an integral part of decision making, P&C, Parent & Community, Volunteers and external services provide another avenue of support to the students and staff.
- The School has a strong Vision and has highly effective Leadership to maintain the vision and focus of the school. Distributed leadership is encouraged and developed through the development of a SMART (School Management and Resource Team) group. The Leadership team promotes a strong professional learning community with links to the school business plan and a focus on developing highly effective teaching practice.